Denver's Premier Family Law Attorney Expert Family Law Defense Strategies


Changing Your Colorado Divorce Decree

After a divorce is finalized, an official divorce decree is presented to the ex-spouses. This final court order outlines all necessary implementations that the court may enforce upon you. These finalized guidelines regarding child custody, spousal support, visitation, assets and property will need to be followed in order to avoid further legal complications.

In a perfect case, all legalities outlined in the divorce decree would be amicable and there would never be a need to change or adjust any portion of your papers; however, this is uncommon. There may come a time when you or your ex-spouse may need to adjust or modify portions of your divorce decree for situations beyond your control. If this is the case, it is important that you retain the representation of a Denver family law attorney from the office of M. Trent Trani & Associates, P.C.

At our firm, we recognize that life changes happen and what seemed like a good resolution at the close of your case may not always be the same months or years down the road. Some of the most common modifications that are required for families revolve around the care and custody of a child. For instance, if a child becomes ill and medical bills arise, a modification may need to be implemented for an adjustment in child support. Almost any portion of your divorce decree can be modified on a temporary or permanent basis and our firm can help.

Family Law Representation in Denver

If you are looking to make an adjustment, modification or contest a portion of a divorce decree, you need to ensure that you work with an understanding and experienced legal professional. When you work with M. Trent Trani & Associates, P.C., we immediately begin to address your concerns, draft an appropriate response, and implement a course of action to help you reach your goals. We have had a successful track record of positive outcomes for families looking to make changes to their court orders and we may be able to assist you as well.

If you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact a Denver modification lawyer from our team today!